Friday, June 10, 2011

Viva Crystal Gel - ROCKS!

Ok, first just let me say THIS STUFF FREAKIN' ROCKS!!  You absolutely must add this to your supplies.  Really, it is the BOMB!!  I will be posting some various things during the next few days with tons of different ways to use it.  In the meantime I have this to share with you and there are several more creations on the SCACD store blog Follow Your Heart so check them out.



First, I grabbed the FABULOUS Viva Decor Crystal Gel in orange gold and my silicone mold called Lace and created the elements above and below the image.  -more detail below.  I then stamped Fairy Queen and stamped her in black on kraft cardstock.  Some inking, some tearing and a lot more inking later, she was ready.  I also inked and shimmer sprayed the lace behind the image then added my completed embellishments.  They were truly the perfect finishing touch!

I won't go into a ton of detail about how to actually use the gel and molds to create these items because there are videos available on the store blog that will do a much better job.  However, I DO want you to know that there is a TON of stuff you can do with them.  The ones here I used the metallic rubons at SCACD on them to bring out the detail.


You can also...
paint them
use beads in them
punch them
texture with it
and all sorts of other fun things!  The sky is pretty much the limit!!  So, go watch the videos, check out the other creations, go shopping, and get ready to PLAY!!!  oh yeah- and watch this space for more examples, LOL!

Challenges:
Creative Card Crew - Wings
Little Red Wagon - Mist It
Everybody Art Challenge #145 - Distress It
Bunny Zoe's Crafts #12 - Lace
My Partner In Crime #28 - Uncolored Image
Wee Memories #59 - Anything Goes


Get Inky!
Alex

7 comments:

Kathi said...

Looks intriguing. Need more info.

Danni said...

Awesome, awesome and awesome!! Love this!

Lori Aragon said...

So you are the other half of my mold huh? LOL!

Fabulous card Alex! I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing what else you came up using this gel : )

Have a wonderful weekend!
Love n hugs,
Lori

Kirei na Kami said...

What a wonderful card!!! I love the vintage feel to it and those lace flourishes are FABULOUS!!!! I can't wait to see all the awesomeness you create with the Viva Gel:)

Hugs!!
Carolyn

Agnieszka M said...

Amazing project!!!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Robin said...

Really cool details! Thanks so much for playing in our uncoloured image challenge at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Brandi said...

This card is sooo cool and vintage fabulous! The Viva crystal stuff looks like lots of fun to play with. Smiles ~ Brandi