Friday, August 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Susana got in this new stamp set called Street Parts, by Crafty Individuals Stamps in stock at SCACD


The moment I saw it, I wanted it.  I wanted it right that VERY second.  Not just an  'it is pretty I want to own it', but an 'I want to ink it up and PLAY' want it.  Unusual for me, I actually waited for a bit to get it, but I worried constantly that it would disappear.  That you would all buy them up before I could get my hands on one!!!



The day it finally arrived at my house I grabbed the scissors, cut it all apart and began stamping on some Tim Holtz Glassine paper.  I had this particular project in mind, but I stamped LOTS of images since I didn't know for certain which would work just like I wanted.  I grabbed my Copics and colored some of the images.

Next up was the background on the tag.  First I used walnut ink and sprinkled on a few extra crystals to paint the road.  Then I used a couple colors of ink to put down grass and some Twinkling H2Os for the sun.  I then placed my fabulous little houses and trees to create the neighborhood. 



This was a complete BLAST to create.  I hope you get this set, it has so many possibilities and I would love to see what YOU do with it!!

Get Inky!
Alex

3 comments:

Laura B said...

You and your fabulous tags! This is gorgeous!:)

Erica said...

Great Craft for Fall! Love the idea!

Lorraine said...

Cool Alex! Love the use of the Glassine paper (um, mine is still in the package, lol) and your background! and that stamp set does look fun.