Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Silentness

As a mom- the name of this stamp "The Silentness" just sounds fabulous to me. I can imagine a million different things.

However, The Silentness is an image drawn by ©ching-chou kuik's for Sweet Pea Stamps Fantasty Art Collection. This beautiful sentiment is also on the same plate #57 with the image.



I created this card in the same manner as most others. I selected the image, them the paper then began to color. Once that was finished, I just began to put it together and see where I ended up. I did refer to a sketch to start this time. I have this card sitting on my mantel, and am enjoying looking at it. I will put it in my next box of cards to Operation Write Home, but until then, I am just enjoying the peacefulness it gives off.

Challenges:
Card Patterns- #71 sketch
ETSY Inspired - #95 these buttons- the colors
If The Shoe Fits - #40 Spread Your Wings
FBW #112 - Open use butterfly, fairy or angel
Pile It On - #26 My Favorite Things- FAIRIES- of course!!! :)

11 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty Alex! So happy to see you playing along with my flutter by challenge! Beautiful card!

de said...

This is gorgeous Alex! I love the colors and your coloring too!

Thanks for playing with us! :-)

~Lady B~ said...

Beautiful and elegant. Great work!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous coloring!! Glad that you joined the fun with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Daniella said...

Beautiful as always!!! I love how serene it is. Wonderful!!

SmilynStef said...

Wonderful colors ... lovely inspired design.

sweetpeastamps said...

Alex, I love the color comination on this card, very pretty. Wonderful job!

lesleyworth said...

fabulous card! the image is fantastic! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Alex!! I do the same thing with coloring to match the paper!! Thanks for joining us this week...it's nice to "see" you!!

Anna said...

So pretty! Such a sweet fairy. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous Alex! Your coloring is superb as always! I love the DP too! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!