Sunday, May 06, 2012

Citrina


This lovely mermaid is Citrina and one of the new images from Joanne Schempp for Sweet Pea Stamps.  She is on plate #206 with 3 other gorgeous images.  I wanted to color and create with some water/cool colors with her and the blues and purples seemed to just work perfectly. 

I used paper from Basic Grey for the background.  After I fussy cut the image, I ran the scalloped edge purple circle through my Oriental Fans embossing folder and then used a dark purple ink to highlight it.   Citrina received Diamond Stickles for some shimmer and shine.  The bow was created using my Bow Easy.  This is the first time I have actually used it and I love that making this double bow was truly easy!  It is certainly an underused tool in my arsenal, but no more!

Get Inky!
Alex

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Gorgeous! I love the coloring, papers you used, and that beautiful bow!