Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Crystal Rose

I hope you saw the fabulous New Releases at SCACD.  One of the two New Releases is the Fairylicious Collection drawn by Victoria Case exclusively for SCACD.  I grabbed Crystal Rose and got all busy creating.



I used a 4x4 canvas as my starting point.  I love creating outside the realm of cards.  It lets me just do so many different things.  The background is created using the Crafters Workshop Templates, specifically Ferns and Punchinella.and sponging inks.



I stamped and colored Crystal Rose then fussy cut it out. I knew that there had to be sparkle on the wings and some extra fabulous bling in her hair made her a real fairy.  Stickles made both of those possible.  I used two coats to get the look in her hair.



Added a couple layers of lace to make a frame and VIOLA!  This is one of my favorite things I have made lately.  Probably because I just grabbed supplies and started to PLAY!

Get Inky!
Alex

4 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Wow Alex... She is beautiful! I love the lace around the outside! My wishlist is so huge already, what's one more! LOL!

Danni said...

Wow!! You really put some love into this beauty!! What an awesome art piece! Wow!

Lorraine said...

Just gorgeous, Alex! I love all the inky goodness! The canvas is cool!

Brandi said...

Amazing Alex! What a fabulous creation! :)