Monday, March 28, 2011

To my roots- a little Steampunk

I was thinking it had been a bit since I did something a bit more 'out there' and was missing it. I found a couple of different challenges that got my brain going and then spent some time browsing Deviant Art and VIOLA! I ended up with this!


This image is by
© Christa Jansen van Vuuren ~ All Rights Reserved

I colored it up with my grey Prismacolor markers and my gold Spica Glitter pen.  The background paper is 7 Gypsies- Paddington which is a fabulous black and white collection. I cut the 'gears' from gold foil paper .  I had an absolute blast creating this and hope you enjoy it as well.

Challenges:
Smeared & Smudged - Rock N Rolla Inspiration Challenge
Burtonesque Dolls - Make it Burton - I always think of Edward Scissorhands as the original Steampunk.


Get Inky!
Alex

3 comments:

Danni said...

I was wondering if Edgar had run away with your Goth/Steampunk mojo...glad to see it's intact!
Great card!

Brandi said...

Holy cow Alex ~ Awesome but scary! :)

TRACEY O said...

Graet card. Thanks for joining us at TBD this week.