Thursday, February 10, 2011

1st Sign of Spring

In case you missed it last week, there was a great big release of new exclusive stamps at SCACD.  There was an entire sheet drawn by Carmen Mendlin.   Since I already played with the lovely fairy Lilia , I pulled out this image called 1st Signs of Spring and she just screamed TAG!   When things scream at me I find it is usually in my best creative interest to listen.




It looks pretty simple, but there is actually a LOT going on with this tag.  I started by spraying (ok soaking) the tag with Smooch Spritz in Pink Sprinkle.  After it had dried, I stamped the image with Momento ink and then also stamped the image with Momento ink on the SEI Velvet Paper in red.  I cut out the dress and flowers from the velvet paper and glued them onto the image stamped on the tag.  I used Copics to color the flower leaves, her hair and the flowers in her hair and on her shoes.  The headband, shoes and stripes in the dress were all colored with Smooch in Taffy.  The flower in the upper left is a Petaloo velvet hydrangea and the pearl center is one I actually made with my Viva Decor Pearl Pen in cream.  The pearls down the right side are Bella Baubles.  I swear there are like seven gazillion pearls in that little bag. I use them, and use them but the bag is still full!  Maybe it is a magic plastic bag? 

Well, the lovely lady 1st Signs of Spring is no longer screaming at me.  She and I are both please with the finished product.

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges #128 - Seeing Red
Cheerful Stamp Pad #11 - Red and White
Gingerloft #11 - Red
Little Claire's Design #1 - Anything Goes
Craft Your Days Away #13 - photo inspiration
Fabulous Friday - Pink, Red, White
Off The Wall Craftiness #44- Pink, Red, White
Simon Says - Anything But a Card

Get Inky!
Alex

12 comments:

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! Your tag is so lovely ! Great background... Love it !

Cassie said...

Beautiful image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Frosted Designs.

Vicki Romaine said...

What a cute tag. I really like the pearls down the side. I'm going to have to check on these. Thanks for joining the "Red and White" challenge at the Cheerful Stamp pad.

ruth said...

I love your tag!!! You did a great job blinging it out!

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh,it's just so lovely. All of the elements work together perfectly. Thanks for playing at OTWC.

Helen said...

This looks great and everything works so well together.

Thanks for joining us at the first Little Claire monthly challenge.

Helen x

Lynn said...

What a really pretty tag! Love the image and the colouring is wonderful :)
Thanks for joining us Gingerloft Challenges.
Huggs
Lynn xx

Heike said...

This is a great project.

Thank you for joining us at Little Claire and best of luck for the monthly challenge.

BarbaraW said...

Gorgeous tag. The image is great and the pearl embellishing is so pretty. Thanks for sharing your card at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is one very classy tag! I love the flower you have used and those pearls are just yummy! Good luck and thanks for playing along with us in the Color Red Challenge at Gingerloft Challenge. We hope you can play along with us again this fortnight. The Navy Wife

Lesley said...

Pretty tag! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Amanda said...

Lovely, very pretty - thanks for joining in with our challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda