Thursday, November 24, 2011

Being Thankful

In the US today is Thanksgiving Day.  Already there are so many commercials, adds, talk and such about Christmas shopping and all the frenzy associated with it.  It seems that our day to be thankful is being cut shorter and shorter.

I want to take just a minute and share  how blessed and thankful I am.  I have an amazing family that loves me and pretty much tolerates all my weirdness. They have encouraged me and ignored the stupid stuff.  The always welcome me home and I feel so very safe and loved to be exactly who I am with them.

I have my health and am more healthy and active now that I have been in some time.  Especially the active part.  For the is past year I have been learning just what I AM capable of with the help and encouragement of some wonderful friends.  I not only started running, something I wanted to do, with a friend.  But I then went on to complete a half marathon and then a FULL marathon.  I actually went 26.2 miles.  I also went a LOT of miles getting ready to go the 26.2 miles and a lot of people covered those miles with me.  I could get all mushy and name names, but it wouldn't mean much to any of you.  I just KNOW that there are people in my life that have changed me for the better.  They help me be a better person just for being around them.


Lastly, I am thankful for all of the people I have met and call friends through the crafting and art community.  You are all amazing.  Some of you I 'stalk' because you wow and inspire me.  Some of you are true friends I have not yet me in person.  You are all a blessing in my life.

I hope you take just a moment to think about all you have to be thankful for.  It is very easy to get caught up in the things that aren't perfect and the holiday rush, but just ten minutes of reflection on all the blessings is a great way to find inner peace.

Get Inky!
Alex

1 comment:

cjknick said...

Hugs to you & yours, sweet thing :) Love ya!