Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cute as a button?

The challenge right now at Delicious Doodles is 'Cute as a Button'.  As you can see, I went with the use buttons part of the challenge, and depending on your viewpoint, blew the cute part.



I used the image Gothic Angel from Delicious Doodles.  This image is very detailed and already beautifully shaded so I didn't feel the need to do a lot to it.  I darkened her wings a bit, added color to her lips and dress and then colored in the studded accessories.  I kept with the red and black while creating the card but added in silver for accents.  The button is one I made using Viva Decor Crystal Gel in orange/gold and a 1st Impression mold.  I then painted it with the Viva Decor Precious Metals paint in silver.

You have another week to enter the challenge.  Can't wait to see what you create with buttons!

Get Inky!
Alex

2 comments:

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Alex! I love the colors that you added! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelley Whiting said...

I love the girl. She is very hip and spooky. A really cool and beautiful picture.