Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gothic Lament

One of the many newer artists at Sweet Pea Stamps is Rebecca Sinz.  Anyone who knows me, knows that the minute I saw this image called Gothic Lament I had to have it.  The entire sheet is amazing, but this image just called to me.  I have no idea the official name of the technique I used, but after stamping the image in brown ink, I spot colored it with Copics.  I then spritzed the entire thing with Sugar Cookie Glimmer Mist.  After it was dry, I cut it apart and then pieced it back together on some deep purple velum.  I cut it out with my nesties as well as a dark brown frame.  The background paper is corner pieces from a sheet of the Prima Moulin Rouge collection.  This was one of those really fun to make creations that started forming in my brain and as I began just all came together perfectly.  That is such a rare occasion, and I just enjoy every second of the process when it happens!

Challenges:
Shabby Tea Room #62 - Monochromatic

Get Inky!
Alex

3 comments:

Debby said...

Love!

Sheri said...

This is GORGEOUS! Nice coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

Trees said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with the Shabby Tea Room!