Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Update

I have to tell everyone that I am married to the most amazing man. He is truly a phenomenal person. For a little over a week he has quite literally waited on me hand and foot and taken care of everything in our home and with our family. He has driven me to and from my therapy appts. , made certain we have had meals, my ice machine is ready and that the meds are close at hand. He has done all of this without a single complaint, mumble or grumble. I could not have survived this without him.

The surgery ended up being a bit more than originally anticipated. It also didn't help that the graft was too long and so the way they had to anchor it is different so requires I wear an immobilizer for some time.

I am still not very mobile. At therapy today I experienced some of the worst pain I have EVER felt in my life. The good news is that it faded after being iced and I actually was able to do some things I haven't been able to since the surgery, even if it did hurt. I am starting to see some progress. My fondest hope is that I will be able to work a clutch soon so that some of the presure on my DH to drive me around is relieved. That will also allow me to return to work even if for a few hours at a time. Daytime television is really lame, even on pain meds :).

No comments: