Wednesday, August 09, 2006

6 hours? YES!

I was turned on to this quilt pattern by Kaye Wood. It claims you can make the twin size quilt in 6 hours. I thought, yeah, right. I was told it was super easy and since my knuckles and hands have been giving me such fits making it hard to knit or crochet, I decided to give it a try.

WOW!! Provided you don't count the time I spent selecting fabric :), it probably isn't too far off. Now, this is my first time through the pattern, but the concept is brilliant! I am doing a baby size, not a twin and completed everything yesterday except the binding. Having never done binding before (I always did pillowcase style) I decided not to start the process at 9 pm and saved that for later today. Hopefully it works out as well as the rest of the quilt has. I have LOTS of ideas based on this pattern and am fairly "itchin'" for time to play.

No comments: