Monday, June 26, 2006

Los Angeles

I spent Friday in LA for a conference related to work. It was a quick trip flying down and back the same day and classes the entire time I was there so the only parts of LA I saw were on the shuttle between LAX and the hotel and from the plane. On the way home it was dark and the sight from the plane window was easily one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. After we had been in the air for about 30 minutes I looked out and it was pitch black with the lights below. It looked like someone had dropped a bottle of glitter onto black velvet. AMAZING!!! I spend a good amount of time yesterday trying to recreate the look for a spread in the altered book I am playing with, but I wish you could all see the picture captured in my brain!

1 comment:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Wow, what a quick trip! Many an artist has been driven insane because he/she couldn't get the mental image to translate to canvas. But it always has caused them to do some of the most important works of art! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)