Monday, December 05, 2005

Breeding Yarn

I have been working diligently to use up the yarn I have on hand. I do not have tons and tons, but I do have several boxes (think the size paper comes in). I am only purchasing yarn when I need a specific color for the assembly of comfortghans, mostly white for OPH. The rest of the things I am only allowing myself to use what I have. Goodness knows that I have enough sock yarn to keep me busy for a while. I also decided that the colors I have available for squares are just going to have to do and when they match a request they do and if not, then they don't. This has an awful lot to do with the full shelf set of boxes in my garage. Now, not all of that is yarn, there are also several boxes of thread. I know, that will take my lifetime to use up one bookmark at a time, but at least I am trying!

So, yesterday my DH is helping me to get down the Christmas decorations and he says "Do you want me to get these other boxes of yarn so you can consolidate?" I don't even remember that I have TWO MORE boxes of yarn. So, which is worse 1. that he knows about the boxes and I don't or 2. that I have been working on my existing stash to make room for several months, but I still have to tell him there is no room to consolidate?

I swear, this yarn must really be angora instead of acrylic because it is "breeding like rabbits"!!!

No comments: