Monday, July 12, 2010

QKD - Tuesday BLOG HOP

Welcome to Tuesday edition of the Queen Kat Designs Stamp Co. Blog Hop. You should have arrived from the Dark Ink Sorority Blog. If not, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. If you would like to see the entire hop it begins at the Queen Kat Designs Royal Blog.

This week we have another sketch challenge. This is the sketch we are using.

I decided to play with the Mermaid Stamp by Che Gilson for QKD.



Obviously, I changed things up a bit from the original sketch. I am very pleased with the end result and the sketch was a great way to start brainstorming. That, am I usually select the patterned paper I want to use before I start coloring or cutting. This paper is from the Kaisercraft Utopia line which just has some wonderful unusual colors at work. I layered to colors of cardstock and also used them to punch out and layer the flowers on the side.

Your next stop on the hop is Anita's BLOG. I know she has something absolutely amazing to share, she always does, so please hop over, check it out, and leave her some love!

7 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous card Alex - loving that Che mermaid, she's so sweet!

Great papers and colours - FANTASTIC!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Ok...SERIOUSLY??? This took my breath away!!!! Jaw dropping gorgeousness!! I love love love this! The colors and the design and YOUR coloring are just YUMMY!!

Amazing job Alex!!!

Nancyroo said...

beautiful! I used the same stamp this week.

Anita said...

I love this Alex, the mix of papers and colors are great.

Brandi said...

Ohhhh!!! Love this Alex! :)

Unknown said...

Just a sweet image. I love how you've colored her Alex. Wanna come over for a crayon play date? You rock

Keely Livings said...

Gorgeous, Alex! Love those yummy colors.