Monday, July 05, 2010

QKD- Tuesday blog hop!

I hope you are enjoying yourself on the BRAND NEW Tuesday edition of the Queen Kat Designs Stamp Co. Blog Hop. You should have arrived from the Dark Ink Sorority Blog. If not, the hop begins at the Queen Kat Designs Royal Blog.

This week is a sketch challenge. I love working with sketches. I sometimes follow them better than others, but I do use them as my jumping off point.

For today's hop I am bringing you, once again, Kadona. Why? Well, just look at him! You know you need this stamp too. I used Basic Grey Capella paper for the background. I selected that before I began to color him and used it as my guide. He and the background are both double matted in dark brown and kraft. The ribbon is from my stash. My FAVORITE addition, it the Happy Stixx with the sentiment. I added the dots to it to coordinate with the image. However, the sentiment comes already wood burned onto the Happy Stixx. It is FABULOUS!

Your next stop on the hop is Anita's BLOG. I know she has something absolutely amazing to share, she always does, so please hop over, check it out, and leave her some love!

Also for challenge:

The Burtonesque Dolls - #10- Burton Boys - really- do you SEE the spider and web on his top hat?

11 comments:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

G O R G E O U S!!! Love this!! so simple and wonderful! awesome coloring!!!

Nancyroo said...

I really like the muted color scheme.

My name is Wynneth said...

AWESOME Alex - he's adorable isn't he!! Love what you did with him, so cool ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Anita said...

Oooh, Alex, I just love this and the dots which are on the Happy Stixx are fabulous. Hugs, Anita

Unknown said...

Awesome work Alex. Love the Capella papers with this image.

Penny said...

wow!! love how you add the dots on the Stixx!

Nancy said...

wowza...great card...and the image is perfect for this challenge at TBD....thanks for joining us over at TBD this week...

Hugs
Nancy

Lara said...

Great job! Love the paper and everything else!!

Keely Livings said...

Fabulous card! Love this stamp.

Jen Shults said...

Great card Alex! I love the papers you've combined together and that image is great!! Thanks for joining us at the Burtonesque Dolls!

Rosa Witten said...

Love the card, great colors!