Monday, March 29, 2010

QKD Tuesday blog hop

Welcome to my stop in the Tuesday edition of the Queen Kat Designs Stamp Co. Blog Hop. If you came here from Shannon's blog you are on the right track. If not, you might want to hop back to the QKD Blog and start at the beginning.

This week is a 5th week of the month. During the 5th week we get to do something a bit different. I want to share with you a project I made with the January Royal Kit. If you have not seen the kits, you really must check them out. Not only do they come with a great assortment of papers and goodies, but each one has a stamp set that is exclusive to the kit! How fun is that?

I created a travel candle in an altered tin. This is done by melting some candle pieces, then as it is cooling inserting wicks and some additional colored pieces that stay solid.


I used the kit to alter the tin. That FABULOUS butterfly- one of the stamps in the kit. so are the papers and pretty much everything used to alter except the ink.



Speaking of kits- have you seen the card class kit? It is a must have!~

Now hop on over to the Whimsical Ink Sorority followed by Meredith's blog to continue on your journey.

8 comments:

Nina said...

Alex, that is just amazing! Oh wow, you girls sure set up the bar with this hop. Love that butterfly. =)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

holy WOW Alex!!! im in LOVEEEEEE!! AMAZING job!!!

My name is Wynneth said...

This is an AWESOME project Alex - I love it - what a great idea :o) I love to take along a candle or incense when I am staying in hotels so that the room smells more like 'home' :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Anita said...

That is just so cool Alex. I would never have thought of doing that.

Steph Ackerman said...

This is lovely. Great project.

Unknown said...

You are so darn creative Alex. Have I told you I'm a huge fan of yours? Great job

Danni said...

How totally creative! Awesome!

Unknown said...

what a great gift! thanks for sharing.