Saturday, March 27, 2010

Once Upon a Time


I want to tell you the story of a princess. The Princess lived in a wonderful land that was also at war with the land next to them. In an effort to bring peace to the land, the two kings decided that their children should marry. There was a grand feast held in the castle so that the Princess might meet her future husband from the neighboring land. The Princess was beautiful and polite and spent much time talking with the Prince from the neighboring land. After the feast, the Princess told her father, the King, that she would be in her room, preparing for war.

This image is from a new company called Smeared Ink and their set 'Chicks Dig Guns'. The second I saw this image I thought of Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter.

Challenges:
Macabre Mondays #31 - Perilous Princess

7 comments:

Diamond Doll said...

Hi Alex WOW! what a fabulous card and image so different I love it.and your colouring is brill.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Barb said...

Now THAT's a princess!! LOL! Beautiful work, Alex, and I LOVE the accompanying story :) Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Alison said...

I love this card! And I love your story! You kick ass, Alex!

WickedPixie said...

HeeHee! Love your story! And that does look like Anita (especially for the first few books!) :-)Traci

Kathi said...

It's fabulous. Your coloring is top notch and I just love the piercing/sewing.

Anonymous said...

Not my way to solve my problems - making the children marry each other. So I can understand the princess. Most time I would prefer the Fantaghirò plot but there is a handsome prince. And I guess that the prince in your story is not in any way handsome.
Great card. All the used thing go together so well: The lace, the colours, the girl with the gun and the piercing. Love it.

Micki said...

OMG, girl I WANT that stamp!!!!!!! omg absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!

must go check it out..... lol (my wallet thanks you, giggle)