Sunday, January 08, 2006

Craziness

So, things have been pretty insane here. After the craziness of visiting my Mom's and then New Years here with company (although WONDERFUL company) there was a slight thought of a couple days of normal routine. On Thursday my youngest sister and Mother were in town for some various doctor appointments. I was disappointed to not get the opportunity to see them due to work, but had resigned myself to such and figured it would be an early night of diner, cleaning the house in preparation for my brother and his family. Well, WRONG! My sister, poor thing, broke, we think, her foot while she was in town. What this means is that my Mom and sister headed to the emergency room at about 3:30 and at approx. 9 pm they arrived at my house. It was too late after a very long day to start an 1 1/2 hour drive home. This wasn't the end of the evening though as my sister needed some medication that she didn't have with her, no plan to stay overnight, and the phone calls to doctors and pharmacies began. Everything worked out well in the end, but the night was not a restful or uneventful one for any involved!

The next day my brother and his family arrived to spend the next couple of days with us. I am sooooooooooooo glad to have them here. My niece is BEAUTIFUL and my brother and his wife are great fun to have around. I will be sad to see them go tomorrow, but I am pretty sure that they are really looking forward to being in their own home. They have been traveling around between different family for 4 weeks. ACK! I would want my own home!

So, as you can tell, it has been both exciting and eventful in my house. Now, off to fill the chocolate twinkies we are making with the twinkie baking set my boys received for Christmas.

No comments: