Sunday, July 03, 2005

Recipe for the Holiday

After a full day yesterday at the Discovery Center and the evening at IvyWild Pool with my sister and her family, my sister and I visited the scrapping group I do things with. The monthly crop was last night and held at a store I had not visited before. WOW!! Anyone who is anywhere close at any time really NEEDS to go to this store. It is World Class Scrappers and if you are in the Idaho area, let me know and I'll send you directions. This store is NOT to be missed!!
With the 4th of July holiday tomorrow; our neighborhood does an old fashioned get together. We block both ends of the street off and play badminton, eat food, be silly, etc. My DH looks forward to this every year. He really is quite the social butterfly so this puts him in his element. He is cooking up ribs and corn on the cob. I am going to make a cake that is super easy and perfect for summer.

Yogurt Cake
1 pkg. white cake mix
3/4 c. water
1/3 c. oil
3 egg whites
2 containers yogurt (any flavor, but I get two of the same)
1 8 oz. container cool whip

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x13 pan (I spray with nonstick cooking spray). Beat the cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and one of the containers of yogurt. Beat for at least 2 minutes. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY. Once cool, fold the remaining container of yogurt into the cool whip and spread it on the cake. Store the cake in the refrigerator.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Janette said...

That cake sounds delicious! I just might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe.