Friday, February 01, 2013

Solid Blank Canvas Woman - following the muse

Sometimes I just have a vision in my head and have to create.  This was one of those times.  I will admit, the first run at it was not so successful and required a few minor modifications, but I am pretty thrilled with the end result.


I used the side of box I had to cut a piece that is approximately 6 x 9 inches.  I tore the front paper off to give it a roughed up look then sprayed it with Dylusions ink spray.


While that was drying, I stamped the Solid Blank Canvas Woman image onto some canvas fabric with Versamark Ink and embossed it with a black holographic embossing powder.  I added some black stitching around the edge.


I took a scrap of the canvas material and sprayed it with the same Dylusions ink spray I had used on the cardboard.  The flower is created using an strip of lace gathered up and pearls placed in the center.  Once it was dry I cut the leaves from the canvas I had sprayed. 



I put it all together and added some cording around the edge to frame it.  I am so please that this is actually going up on my wall.

I hope that you take the time to follow your creative muse!

Get Inky!
Alex

No comments: