Thursday, September 02, 2010

Fab Friends

Fab Friends is one of the new stamps by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD. I really, REALLY like this release. It is just fun to play with!



One of our challenges this week was to use at least 3 items from SCACD on our creation. Well, that was EASY PEASY because Susana stocks the BEST stuff!! So are you ready for the details?

First I stamped the image Fab Friends with Momento Ink in tuxedo black. Then I colored it with my markers.

Next I grabbed the special Tonertex adhesive pen and colored in the shell of the ladybug where I wanted to put the red glitter. I then set the image aside for the adhesive to dry. Now, I have to admit something here. I forgot I was working on this and it was the next morning before I got back to it. I freaked out and figured that I had to start over with the adhesive pen. I touched it just to check and it still felt sticky, so I decided to give it a go. It worked PERFECTLY! I rubbed in the red glitter and this is the result. - BTW- the glitter is a must have just because the multi-color tower is so pretty to look at!


I grabbed this super yummy velvet paper from SEI and trimmed off a section. I then put it in a Cuttlebug embossing folder in what I would usually consider to be upside down. I wanted the embossing to dip not raise (I am SURE there are correct technical terms, but this is clear to me). I held my breath as I ran it through and when I took it out, squealed with excitement. It worked even BETTER than I had hoped! You WILL be seeing more of this from me!

The cardback is cardstock that on top of I placed my Crafters Workshop Stencil. While on newspaper (hint, hint!!) I sprayed with Smooch Spritz in silver. After drying I put the card together. In the upper right corner I adhered some Bella Baubles in String of Pearls. The charm on the ribbon isn't in the store any longer, but some other FABULOUS ones are.

Now- after all this if you are not just itching to go shopping, I can do nothing more for you :)

5 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhh, a sparkly ladybug! Love it!! Great card!

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun! Love what you did with the velvet papers and the smooch with the stencil is amazing! Great work hun!!! I agree the glitter tower is amazing to look at!!! And I make less of a mess with the glitter and pen then I do with regular glitter and glue! lol!
Hugs~ Kim

Daniella said...

Is that a squirrel? You KNOW I have a whole squirrel village in my yard, and I love them!! This card is adorable!! And the ladybug is glittery!! Awesome creation!

Anki said...

Wonderful! Hope you will have a great weekend! Kramisar Anki

Beebeebabs said...

Sooo cute thanks for sharing!!!