Friday, June 25, 2010

New Release at SCACD BLOG Hop!!!

There is a new release TODAY at SCACD. Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Sampler Edition #5. I hope you have been hopping along and enjoying all the creations with this new release. If you haven't, then be sure to start here or go to the store blog Follow Your Heart for the complete list of places to hop. You won't want to miss any of them. We are super lucky and have the creative talents of the Quixotic Paperie Design Team and Susanna Boyd of Paper Craft Planet joining us!!

WISH UPON A STAR

First thing I stamped this wonderful sweet image in Momento Black Tuxedo Ink. I colored it in with my markers and used the Baby Blue Spica pen on the star chain. After cutting it out with my Nesties I used the Kaisercraft paper Tea at Elsie's to cut the mats and create the background. The flower is from Petaloo.


For this card I also stamped Wish Upon a Star in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it in with my markers then cut the image and mat around it out with my Nesties. The papers are from the Basic Grey Lemonade collection-if you do not have these papers, you NEED them! I used the Kaisercraft pearls for the decoration on the mat around the image and at the end of the decorative strip. You could also create this look with the Viva Decor pens very easily!!!

Now- on to the next stop in your journey. Next is Anki who is so creative. I KNOW you do not want to miss this! Don't forget to shop :). I know how fabulous ALL the images are, so go ahead, just get the set!

22 comments:

Kim Costello said...

Such sweeeeet cards Alex, the image is gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day
HuGs Kim :)

Sonia said...

This is beautiful card, such a sweet image have loved all the cards i have seen made with this stamp.
Hugs Sonia x

Renkata said...

what a cutie.

Lorraine said...

wow such pretty cards i really love them xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The detailing of your scallops & the layering is lovely. Like how you show two such different ways of using very similar elements but with different embellishments.
Thanks
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Bobbi said...

So sweet. This image is so adorable. Both of your cards were adorable.

Mary Lou said...

Awhh Love both of these cards!! The image and your details are THE BEST!!!
Blessings of thanks

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so cute, just wonderful colours and extra bling. Kim

Cor* said...

Both creations TOTALLY ROCK. So adorable! I adore all the colorful papers!

pcrusberg said...

Just love the image. Reminds me of the books I used to read as a kid. Thanks.

Danni said...

Both cards are just darling!! Wonderful job!

Char said...

Absolutely adorable. I love your ideas and the coloring is great. Beautiful Card.

Susana M said...

Hey Alex
Love the contrast between the 2 cards - Double the fun :o)
Thanks for all your efforts on the hop!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Susana M said...

Hey Alex
Love the contrast between the 2 cards - Double the fun :o)
Thanks for all your efforts on the hop!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anonymous said...

love them both! need to grab some of that tea at elsie's paper!

Lori said...

Very pretty cards, Alex! I have Tea at Elsie's I've been waiting to use. Wouldn't it have been funny if I used it with the same image for the Hop? Gasp!

I really like how you made two different cards. You are a genius!!!
Love and hugs ~
Lori

My name is Wynneth said...

Alex, this is one of the most adorable images I've seen in a long time!!! What a fabulous card you created with it too!! I just LOVE it!
hugs
wynneth
x

Kim said...

Alex these are both so adorable! Such lovely color combos! Great work hun! Happy Blog Hop!
Hugs~ Kim

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards! And I love that new stamp!

Vanja said...

Gorgeous cards! The image is adorable.
Hugs, Vanja

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oh, Alex!!! These cards are out-of-this-world ADORABLE!!! I love them both...A LOT:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

great blog If you are the type to update your blog regulary, then you have gained one daily reader in me today. keep up the super work.