Monday, June 07, 2010

Friends Having Fun - Color Challenge

This week the Friends Having Fun has another color challenge. It is to use:


So I can hear you all- it is an 80's flashback- well if you are as old as I am anyway. You CAN do this, get busy, and get BRIGHT!!!!

I made a card with Alexa. I just adore her and enjoy making the flowers whatever combination my heart desires. The Basic Grey Green At Heart line is perfect for this challenge. Plenty of hot pink, purple and green :). The glitter Petaloos in bright green with hot pink centers matched perfectly.


I decided to give this card just a bit 'more'. I wanted it to really sparkle. Once it was finished and all put together, I sprayed the entire surface with Smooch Spritz in silver. Can you see the nice sheen it put on everything. Very subtle, but it just sparkles! This Smooch Spritz dries FAST too! I like that. I get really frustrated when I am all finished making something but need to wait for it to dry.




I hope you play along with the Kaleidoscope Krew this week. We would LOVE to see what you make. I have my sunglasses all ready!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Fabulous! Great use of the colors! I love the Smooch Spritz you used. Awesome job, as usual, Alex!!!

Chiara said...

I am loving the colors and card. great job

Daniella said...

I LOVE this Alex!! I've never tried the "smooch spray". Looks like I'm gonna have to!!
Your coloring is so awesome! Your card is fabulous!

Laura B said...

Your card is cute! I love the glittery flowers!:)

hugs,
Laura

Alyssa S said...

What a fantastic card! I'm loving all the sparkle you added ;o)