Friday, December 18, 2009

Making a Gift

It is no secret I love Maigan's mermaids. Ever since I first started purchasing the stamps I have had one project in mind that needed to be done. It is now in process and I simply MUST share it with you. I am making a charm bracelet using the stamps and shrinky dink material!!

Here are some stamped on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch pieces. Don't forget to punch the hole NOW! I then colored them with BIC markers on the opposite side from which I stamped to be certain I would not smear the image.






Here they are ready to go in the oven




And now coming out!





This picture shows the finished ones with another batch stamped and ready to color for size comparison




My current finished girls all lined up and looking pretty!!

This is the gift I am making and it is a gift to me!!! I hope you are inspired to create something for yourself as well!

6 comments:

Larisa said...

I like Mermaids a lot, and I am charmed with your job. It is fine. So beautiful Mermaids' stamps. I wish I had the same ones.... ((9

Danni said...

What a cool gift to make for yourself!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I found my way here through the smeared and smugded :)
These are just so fabulous, I love them!
You´ve just inspired me; have to run to the craftshop tomorrow and buy this "shrunking plastic" .... (sorry for my bad english)

My name is Wynneth said...

Alex this is an awesome project, I love it :o) As soon as I get a collection of these beautiful girls in my stash, I will have to try something similar. I hope you enjoy your gift to you once it is completed!!

Hope you back is a little better Hun :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Connie said...

What a great gift to give yourself. Love your mermaids. TFS!

FibreJunky said...

That is going to be one gorgeous bracelet!