Saturday, November 21, 2009

Operation Write Home

I have the BEST friends! Those that have been reading my BLOG for a while probably are aware of my involvement in a group that creates comfort afghans for family members of those that have lost a member of the armed services. This is a VERY important thing for me.
Along this same line, I have sent cards a couple of different time to members of the military to use to write home. At this time, I have decided to hose a virtual card party to collect additional cards for Operation Write Home. Their current campaign is for Valentine as well as all occasion cards. I am collecting cards until December 31 at which point I will forward them to one of the "mailers" :). I am honored to be doing this!
Last night, I attended a crop at a LSS - Scrapper's and Stamper's Delight. Several of my friends, who were also there, joined me in making cards for this project. There are many others who will be doing so as well, but last night I came home with 37 completed cards! Thank you Sandi and Betty!!!

No comments: