Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some days

are just that way.
So, mine was ok. Not great, not terrible. Then I came home......
Had an electrician here to install a GFI in the kitchen - we didn't have one, not real safe. Had him do some looking around while he was here because of some concerns I had. So, $63 dollars later I need to replace two light fixtures that have surged or run so hot that the wires in the fixture are burned. Need to check all the attic wiring and at minimum replace what runs from those fixtures to the junction box. Ok, we'll be safer, right?
Next, as I am trying to get dinner on the table my boss calls. He has a $90 bill from Qwest for 2 months of website hosting service that they (not Qwest but another company) are saying I authorized. Now, I clearly remember in Jan. talking with someone who wanted to send information to review and multiple times they assured me that nothing would be activated or charged unless we called to authorize it. I said, sure send it, we would be interested. Well, they have ME on tape with that part, but nothing about having to authorize it before it starts and are claiming I did! Guess what, after I fight with them more tomorrow I figure I get to write my boss a $90 check and possibly another $45 if they have some 30 day cancellation thing. I can't expect him to pay if I am the one that got scammed, but I am NOT happy.
THEN----in the process of cleaning up from dinner -BIG thanks to my DH for doing the cleanup- we find that if we turn on the garbage disposal it trips the GFI. Oh, not good. Well, guess we put it on the list with the light fixtures. Even worse, same thing with the dishwasher. Guess it happens sooner rather than later. Like maybe tomorrow? This is not going to be cheap and looks like the can of worms is open. Now, time to squish them all!!

ARGH! This stuff all STRESSES ME OUT!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ouch! This is why it always frightens me to fix things...it always seems to start a chain reaction. Calgon...take her away! ;)