Thursday, October 02, 2014

31 Days of Halloween - Day 2

Hi there!!!  I certainly hope you enjoyed yesterday and all the yummy goodness everyone had to offer for your viewing pleasure.

Some of you may know that Alex really enjoys creating tags this time of year.  Well, she has added a second item to that list of fun things.  Puzzle pieces!  -don't ask me, the lady is crazy and does not listen to what I say.....



Now, Alex tells me that this is a good thing and I will be amazed and love it when she is done.  She has an entire puzzle she is converting from a picture of The Wiggles (oh thank goodness....) to a collective of Halloween things.  After they are all altered her plan is to put the puzzle back together and hang it up.  Now, I am not sure she will do that (so many variables here, including finishing all the pieces and, after all, I have hung out with this chick enough to know that finished projects often elude her) but that is the idea.





This piece she covered with some patterned paper then stamped this image with Staz-On ink.  She then used distress ink and a water brush to add some color. 

Ok, ok, I guess this looks pretty all right.  I am withholding an opinion on the entire idea though until it is finished.  You can all decide with me when it is done.... don't worry, you probably have 20 years of so.





Remember that all the other Wicked Bloggers for the 31 Days of Halloween are listed on the side bar of this blog to the right.  If you have any questions on how this all works, including prizes, be certain and check out Terra's blog here.

Also, you still have time to enter for the blog candy and grab the free digi from the SCACD Digi Day at the store blog here.

Happy Halloween!
Edgar

21 comments:

Vilhelm man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Edgar, loving the idea of the puzzle pieces, I think they are going to look fantastic when everything is completed... even just the one alone looks good... I think you are very photogenic, very sleek feathers..
Sue
The Nanny

Matney said...

Edgar, Edgar you know you love her! Killer idea of altering these pieces and I hope as well so see a finished puzzle w/ all the fab work you have done. Love this image and perfect w/ the paper background.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh ye of little faith, Edgar. LOL Bet she finishes. Such a cool idea, I certainly hope so, anyway. Would love to see the final project. xxD

My Side of Oz said...

Edgar....aren't you being a little harsh? I have complete faith in her and after all she is covering up the Wiggles..hehehe! I am in love with this idea for sure! Watercolors look to die for and the puzzle piece is just too fab for words! Sorry Edgar..I love you anyway:)

Laura S Reading said...

Alex - is it ok that I have a fangirl moment?

I have been collecting puzzle pieces of all sizes. You are inspiring me to do something with them!

TangledBlueRose said...

Edgar Edgar Edgar just don't get too ornery and decide to carry away a piece of the puzzle or something! This is beautiful and would love to see more as it happens!
~kim

Ina Good said...

I love altered puzzle pieces and for Halloween this is no exception! beautiful piece especially the haunted house and coloors you chose!

silvia said...

LOVE the altered puzzle piece!!

maureenjscott said...

Hey Edgar! lovin Alex's altered jigsaw piece! Hope to see the finished item... some time! lol :) xxx

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to see the finished puzzle!

Dog-Ma said...

Awesome! I have some puzzle pieces and this is the perfect way to alter them. Thank you for sharing!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Great puzzle piece. Love the colors and the stamp you used.

Christine Kiehl said...

What a seriously wicked cool idea! Makes perfect sense to me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you have the ravens head in the photo, what a total RIOT!!! Thank you for sharing with us delighted hoppers!

Susan Renshaw said...

Fun post!! I love the puzzle piece!!

Julia said...

Great project, so much inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

so beautiful, I guess good things do come in small packages

Steph said...

Fabulous puzzle piece. I've been saving some of my sons puzzle for something like this I just haven't been brave enough to actually start.

Viki Banaszak said...

I Love this idea! This is a great puzzle piece. I do hope you finish it.

Sarah said...

Haha I'll hang out for 20 years - this piece is a miniature masterpiece!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

I love it Alex & Edgar, right up my alley this one is! I sure hope you get to finish the entire puzzle and if you do more pieces for this hop I'd love to feature some on DominoART so shoot me an email ;0)