Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kimono Lantern Fairy

I have a very dear friend who is in Japan. I feel very blessed that several years ago our paths crossed and I had the opportunity to meet and get to know this precious lady from across the ocean.  She is on my mind often, but even more so in the past week.  One evening while thinking of her I grabbed the Sweet Pea Stamps Kimono Lantern Fairy image drawn by Elaine Cox and some gorgeous paper that my friend sent me and created this card.  The cardstock is actually a navy blue that matches the blue in the paper and image, but computer screens don't always cooperate when it comes to color.



I used my gold pen to add additional lines on the background paper and on the edges of the jeweled Petaloo flowers.
I hope this time finds you and yours safe and sound!

Get Inky!
Alex

3 comments:

Andrea C said...

Very pretty card x

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring and papers are stunning..

Larisa said...

wow! She is so cute) Great job)))