Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Saturday! Two great ones in a row!!

My first activity Saturday was a scrapbooking crop/class with Melody Ross, the founder of Chatterbox. I had an absolutely fantastic time and am soooooooooooooo glad I decided
to go. It turned out to be a small group and it was even more personal than I expected. When I arrived Melody welcomed me and had me sit next to her at the table and we began by doing some gathering things with create paper. She then previewed her new Christmas Quick Pages and we each got a packet. We also got the matching stickers, alpha stickers in 3 matching
colors, tacks, a ribbon roll with several different ribbons and a beautiful 12 x 12 red album for it all.

There were several Chatterbox employees there. The graphic designer had done a Christmas card and conducted a class where we all made one. Lots of fun and at the beginning when Melody was introducing him she teased that he had "lost his man card" a long time ago :).

The next class was taught by Melody's sister (btw- she is one of 9 children!) who was probably one of the most immediately genuine people I have ever met. We used the new Christmas line - LOVE IT - and made a tree with paper loops as a decoration.

Our next class was taught by another Chatterbox employee who's name a can't remember (and feel terrible because she was very nice!) and we made super cute ornaments.

We all spent a lot of time just chatting and laughing. It was a great group of people.

I can tell you that Melody was very friendly and humble. I got the feeling it is difficult for her to be thought of as a scrapping celebrity. She just sees herself as a working mom.

The card on the left shown on the site is the one we made
http://www.chatterboxinc.com/home/DefaultHomePage

Holly who hosted the event is a very sweet person and I really admire what she is doing. The work she is putting into the fund raising and preparing to run a half marathon is amazing.

Anyway, it was a great way to spend half my day and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!


In the evening my DH and attended a work party. This is a Harvest Festival instead of the usual Christmas party because everyone is just so busy that time of year. Now, I know that for most people this would be an obligation type of thing. However, not for us. I truly enjoy several of the people he works with and their spouses so it was a good time. It also was nice for DH and I to have a night out together.

No comments: