Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How many?!??!

Someone asked me the other day how many comfort afghans I have assembled. Out of curiosity I went to the databases and counted. Since I first started with Heartmade Blessings, I have assembled 110 comfort afghans!!! This doesn't include the squares I have sent to other assemblers. I can not even begin to imagine how many squares I have made in this amount of time. Each assembly takes approximately most of a full Red Heart super saver skein (7oz) and the same size skein make 3 - 3 1/2 squares depending on the pattern. That is a LOT of yarn!!! I won't even go to the postage calculation. And there are members who do much, much more than I!! I guess the old saying about eating an elephant is true. In my world it just happens to be one square at a time. :)

No comments: